Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Simple Painted Rock Gifts Brighten the Day

Today is "Giveback Tuesday" and I'm off to the post office to mail another painted stone for this lovely lady's collection.


painted rocks, Cindy Thomas

At the time I started painting rocks, my mother entered a nursing home far from where I lived. The adjustment to this new living arrangement was traumatic for my mom. So, to brighten her existence and let her know I was thinking of her, I started mailing little, painted stones.

After my mother left this world, I learned of another senior going through a tough time. Aha! I knew just the thing to bring a smile to her face and make the transition a little less traumatic - painted rocks!

It's amazing how ordinary rocks come alive with a little paint and bring joy and smiles to all who see them.

P.S. Here's a little secret: It's just as joyful giving these painted rock gifts as receiving them.

P.P.S. A miniature painted stone nativity scene is what I sent to this dear lady today. 


painted rocks, nativity sets, nativity scene figures, slate, Cindy Thomas


© Cindy Thomas Painted Rocks

2 comments:

  1. What a kind and thoughtful person you are to bring joy and smiles to this senior lady.
    Thank you for being a special person with a special talent, all the rocks are special and unique. Your talent is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind compliments. You've warmed my heart and made me smile.

    ReplyDelete