"Build" this snowman in the warmth of your home instead of braving the cold, frosty outdoors.
- One flat rock and a smaller round or oval rock
Note: When you click on certain links in this post, I may receive a commission for the purchase of products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- White, black, red, orange acrylic paint
- Glue (I used E6000)
- Protective sealer (optional)
Step 1: Glue the smaller rock onto the larger, flat stone.
Step 2: Paint the stones white. (You may need to apply several coats of paint for good coverage.)
Step 3: Paint the eyes, carrot nose, mouth, stick arms and buttons.
- Use 3-D fabric paint for the eyes and buttons
- Use buttons for the eyes and buttons
- Attach sticks for the arms instead of painting them
- Add glitter glue to give the snowman a glistening effect
- Attach small, painted stones for the eyes and buttons
- Attach a pretty ribbon to make a hanging tree ornament
- For an outdoor display, use a round garden paver for the melting body and a large stone for the head
- Melted snowman cookies were the inspiration for this project
A melting snowman is an easy rock painting project and great for Christmas stocking stuffers.
© Cindy Thomas Painted Rocks