The slip-in hooks are described below in the order of my preference.
The most expensive set was $3.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond for 14 Slip-In Hooks...
...and it was the easiest to shape into a good-looking stand for a painted rock.
|Painted Rock Display Stand Using Bed Bath & Beyond Slip-In Drapery Hook|
The medium-priced set was $2.49 at Hobby Lobby for 14 Pleater Hooks. (Four hooks were end hooks and could not be used as stands.)
|Painted Rock Display Stand Using Hobby Lobby Pleater Hook|
The lowest-priced set was $1.97 at Lowe's for 14 Slip-In Curtain Hooks.
The metal was thicker and harder to bend (even with pliers) and it was difficult to shape the hook into an acceptable-looking stand.
|Painted Rock Display Stand Using Lowe's Slip-In Curtain Hook|
- Blog Post with Drapery Hook Stand How-To Instructions
- Slip-in Drapery Hooks at Bed Bath and Beyond
- Pleater Hooks at Hobby Lobby
- Slip-in Curtain Hooks at Lowes
- Hobby Lobby Wood Display Stands
- Hobby Lobby Metal Display Stands
- How to Make Rocks Stand Upright
© Cindy Thomas Painted Rocks