Friday, January 31, 2014

Rock Painting Inspiration from a True Story

Rock painting ideas come from unexpected places.

I was inspired to paint a mouse hitching a ride on the back of a frog after reading this true story about a flood in India.



* * * * *

First, I searched through my unpainted rocks to see if I had any shapes and sizes suitable for this project.

Two, smooth stones were the right size and shape with a flat surface suitable for gluing the painted rocks together...

...so, I primed the stones with white, acrylic paint.

The stones have been primed

Each stone was painted separately using a simple design.

Painting has begun on each stone

Once the paint was dry, I attached the painted stones to each other using E6000 glue.

The painted stones have been glued to each other

My final step was sealing the rocks with Mod Podge Outdoor followed by Delta Ceramcoat Exterior/Interior polyurethane varnish.

To display the frog and mouse similar to the photo in the news story, I filled a container with small pebbles and shallow water.

We get by with a little help from our friends

© Cindy Thomas Painted Rocks 

No comments:

Post a Comment