Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Free Rock Painting Lesson - Simple Owls

Painted owl rocks are very popular and this easy, free project has unlimited possibilities.

I painted this owl in 10 minutes using this tutorial.

My painted rock owl

I used 3-D fabric paint for the whites of the owl's eyes

Metallic purple & silver craft paint was used for this owl


Other ideas for painting these rock owls:
  • vary the colors
  • outline the feathers and body with black or a darker color
  • fill in the beak with yellow
  • instead of circles on the chest, try another design
  • vary the size of the eyes
  • attach magnets to small stones

painted rocks, critters, owls, stones, Cindy Thomas
My owl variations


This project is simple enough for children and beginning rock painters and is a great idea when you need quick, home-made painted rock gifts.


© Cindy Thomas Painted Rocks

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday I made a turtle out of rocks and he came out adorable! I Googled "turtle made out of rocks" to see if There was one like mine and found this. My next rock project: Owls! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your painted rock owl will be just as cute as your turtle! Happy rock painting.

      Delete