I painted this owl in 10 minutes using this tutorial.
|My painted rock owl|
|I used 3-D fabric paint for the whites of the owl's eyes|
|Metallic purple & silver craft paint was used for this owl|
Other ideas for painting these rock owls:
- vary the colors
- outline the feathers and body with black or a darker color
- fill in the beak with yellow
- instead of circles on the chest, try another design
- vary the size of the eyes
- attach magnets to small stones
|My owl variations|
This project is simple enough for children and beginning rock painters and is a great idea when you need quick, home-made painted rock gifts.
© Cindy Thomas Painted Rocks