Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hand Painted Rocks Become Stony Faces

I recently had some fun painting simple facial features on various sizes of rocks and stones. I called my new creation Stony Face.

painted rocks, faces, rock painting, Cindy Thomas
Stony Face Painted on Rocks

I then had an idea and even more fun rearranging the eye and mouth rocks I painted to create five additional funny Stony Faces.

faces, rock painting, painted rocks, Cindy Thomas
5 Different Stony Faces from 1 Set of Painted Rocks

Then I was inspired to paint more detailed mouths on some rocks and ended up with these LOL rocks that I could use with the basic Stony Face from my earlier project.

mouths, faces, painted rocks, rock painting, Stony Face, Cindy Thomas
LOL Painted Rocks for Stony Face

Finally, I decided to record all the steps I took to create the basic Stony Face, added 3 more simple eye and mouth patterns, and made a Stony Face rock painting how-to guide.

how to, rock painting, faces, painted rocks, ideas, Cindy Thomas
How to Paint a Stony Face on Rocks

The Stony Face craft project is easy enough for beginner rock painters. Simple, step-by-step instructions, illustrations and photos guide you in selecting the rocks, drawing and painting the mouth and eyes, and arranging your painted rocks into funny faces. The 4 basic mouth patterns and 4 simple eye patterns can be combined to create over 100 unique, one-of-a-kind Stony Faces.

This is an easy, fun, inexpensive, craft project for both kids and adults. It's amazing how a little acrylic paint and imagination can bring ordinary rocks to life.


© Cindy Thomas Painted Rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment