Friday, September 14, 2012

How to Paint Water Droplets on Rocks and Stones

A droplet of water adds a little "something extra" to a painted rock or stone.

Cynthia Snider generously shared her illustrated, step-by-step lesson for painting water droplets.

Something extra would be nice here

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Following Cynthia's steps, here are my results. I painted the water droplets on paper first to get the hang of it and then painted the rock.

My 1st water droplets on paper

painted rocks, rock painting, water, droplets, how to
My water droplets painted on a rock

painted rocks, rock painting, water, droplets, how to
Another view of my water droplets painted on a rock


Jewels and gems can also be painted using Cynthia Snider's technique. 

Cynthia painted jewels on her fence

Closeup of Cynthia's fence jewel

Thank you for sharing your lesson, Cynthia Snider. You're a great teacher!


© Cindy Thomas Painted Rocks

1 comment: