Tuesday, May 19, 2015

A Rock Painting Book Perfect for Beginners

If ...

You have ever:
  • Wanted to try your hand at rock painting, or 
  • Thought that making art is not for you, or 
  • Needed fun projects for kids and grandkids, or
  • Searched for easy art therapy projects for both children and adults, or
  • Been at a loss for creative inspiration...


Then...

"Rock Art! Painting and Crafting with the Humble Pebble" by Denise Scicluna is the perfect resource for you!

(Note: When you click on certain links in this post, I may receive a commission for the purchase of products.)

This recently-published rock painting book gives tips for getting started such as:
  • Where to find rocks
  • What to look for in a rock
  • How to find inspiration
  • Rock painting tools and supplies
  • Preparation
  • Finishing touches
  • How to use your painted rocks
And includes:
  • 40 Simple step-by-step projects with several variations
  • 250 full-color illustrations


I'm not a newbie to rock painting but I found the projects in this book helpful for practicing my line strokes. And, it was a fun way to decompress between my detailed painted rock projects.

Here's a sample of 5 projects I painted using "Rock Art!" as inspiration:

At the Zoo


Bicycle Wheels


Under the Sea


Rock Garden


Into the Woods

I had so much fun painting these simple and colorful rocks using "Rock Art!" as inspiration, I'm going to paint more!



Note: When you click on certain links in this post, I may receive a commission for the purchase of products.

Useful Links

 

No comments:

Post a Comment