Tuesday, May 19, 2015

A Rock Painting Book Perfect for Beginners

If ...

You have ever:
  • Wanted to try your hand at rock painting, or 
  • Thought that making art is not for you, or 
  • Needed fun projects for kids and grandkids, or
  • Searched for easy art therapy projects for both children and adults, or
  • Been at a loss for creative inspiration...


Then...

"Rock Art! Painting and Crafting with the Humble Pebble" by Denise Scicluna is the perfect resource for you!

Note: When you click on certain links in this post, I may receive a commission for the purchase of products.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

This recently-published rock painting book gives tips for getting started such as:
  • Where to find rocks
  • What to look for in a rock
  • How to find inspiration
  • Rock painting tools and supplies
  • Preparation
  • Finishing touches
  • How to use your painted rocks
And includes:
  • 40 Simple step-by-step projects with several variations
  • 250 full-color illustrations


I'm not a newbie to rock painting but I found the projects in this book helpful for practicing my line strokes. And, it was a fun way to decompress between my detailed painted rock projects.

Here's a sample of 5 projects I painted using "Rock Art!" as inspiration:

Note: When you click on certain links in this post, I may receive a commission for the purchase of products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


At the Zoo


Bicycle Wheels


Under the Sea


Rock Garden


Into the Woods

I had so much fun painting these simple and colorful rocks using "Rock Art!" as inspiration, I'm going to paint more!


Note: When you click on certain links in this post, I may receive a commission for the purchase of products. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Useful Links

© Cindy Thomas Painted Rocks 

4 comments:

  1. This is the same book that I got started with. It was a perfect beginner book. I'm having such a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and happy rock painting!

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I have had fun painting rocks. Some pretty ones, now what? Can you sell them, have you had any luck? where do I begin?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice. More people are painting rocks these days so there is a lot of competition. People do buy painted rocks but I've found it's either because they commissioned a specific piece or a painted rock speaks to their heart.
      For a commissioned piece, people have to know you're willing to paint an item for them. So you have to promote and market yourself that way.
      To sell rocks you've already painted, those painted rocks have to be seen and potentially speak to a person's heart. You can sell them at craft fairs, in Facebook groups, on your own FB page or website.
      Personally, I've had rocks for sale for months/years and out of the blue someone purchases it. Other times, a rock sells as soon as it's painted. Some rocks I can't part with and keep for myself or give away.

      Delete