Friday, October 12, 2007

Stone Cold

It was very hot in southeastern Colorado this summer but I kept cool with my rock painting craft.

One day I was absorbed looking for rocks and picked one up that felt so hot I could have fried an egg on it. OUCH! However, rock art painting turned the stone into a decorative winter house featuring snow on the roof, windows lit with warm light, and a festive wreath on the front door.

My shelves also filled up with ghosts and pumpkins in anticipation of Halloween and the crisp Fall weather.

ghosts, pumpkins, candy corn, painted rocks, Halloween, rock painting
Halloween Ghosts, Pumpkins, & Candy Corn Painted Rocks
Once the rocks were painted and sealed, I rubbed my hands over the cool, smooth finish. It’s hard to imagine what was once a simple, cold, hard stone, is now a cute, decorative object begging to be touched and displayed.


© Cindy Thomas Painted Rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment